Wednesday, February 27, 2013

SCORPION!!

So, while at the tent loge we had all of our belongings in a wooden locker, which had a small infestation of large cockroaches...I don't like bugs, but they have become a fact of life living in Central America, and I do my best to avoid them..but when they are crawling in your belongings, you have to try to do your best not to pack them in your bag, so everything gets shaken out REALLY good..

As Erin and I were packing our things, we decided it would be wise to shake out or backpacks so that we did not take the huge cockroaches with us...

I shook out at least 1 HUGE one from my bag...and 1 SCORPION! I had never seen one before, but I am super tough, so I smashed it promptly with my trusty chaco, and swept it out the door of the tent...

A few minutes later, I thought it was coming back up the stairs to haunt me...but, as it turns out, the ants were taking it to their home...

the ans carrying their prize home
Luckily I am super tough, and didn't even make one little scream while this scenario played out...

1 comment: