Thursday, July 2, 2015

JUNE

So, the weekly update has already gone by the wayside...I am not surprised by this...I am an excellent procrastinator....I can't believe that I have already been here for over a month..the time is flying!!

My first month here was kind of a bummer, the kids were super sick for most of the month, and I have finally contracted some kind of sickness (probably SARS). But I am trying my best not to let it slow me down...

So, since my last post, I got to celebrate PRIDE in Tel Aviv, and it was nothing short of amazing! I have been told that there were 150,000+ people in attendance...and the party after the parade was great...but then again, anything that happens on/near the beach in wonderful!

On the waterfront promenade...Tel Aviv loves the gays!!


The U.S. Embassy celebrating love
And, of course to add to the excitement of pride month, the U.S. is finally recognizing same-sex marriages, as a country! This is super excited, and I can't wait to get my glitter on at some weddings when I get home!!

I have spent a whole lot of time with these cute faces, as Sally was still in school for most of June, but she is finally out!! YAY!! We celebrated the end of school with a trip to one of the local water-parks for the day!

Those blue eyes!!
I have also started driving here...and it is an experience! Basically, anything goes...so, I just imagine that I am in a video game....go fast, try your best to avoid unexpected obstacles, and honk the horn, whenever I feel like it's fun! But this experience right here is like a typical Israeli day...stopping in the middle of the one way street to unload the truck..no big deal

Don't worry, nobody needs to get anywhere...
I have also gone to the beach at least once a week, and I plan on at least doubling that now that summer is really here! Sally and I had a beach date....

Catching a few waves, and avoiding jelly fish!
Pretending to be responsible for a child....
We have also been practicing and learning a lot of new skills this summer!
Skateboarding....he is basically the next Tony Hawk
And the most important summer skill of all..Catching Grapes!!
Perfecting cartwheels in the sunshine at the park!


Standing up!! Even the baby loves this view!!
I simply cannot get enough of these kids, and feel so so lucky to get to spend everyday with them! SO MUCH LOVE!!

Sunday morning snuggles
Tel Aviv always has something going on, and last Thursday night they celebrated their White Night, which is the official kickoff to summer. The stores, restaurants, bars, everything is open super late, and there are live bands and entertainment on just about every corner. I enjoyed the evening in Jaffa, and took in some fantastic people watching, cover bands, and of course, a few adult beverages....

And I have yet to get over the beautiful view, and try to take a few minutes of it in each morning...

Espresso and this, every morning....LOVE
But my favorite time of the day is in the evening, just before the sun sets, and I am typically grilling and enjoying a glass of wine on the balcony...


Up next this month I will be planning a Europe trip...Spain is a definite stop, and now I have to decide where to after...Greece, Croatia, The Netherlands, Norway, Denmark, Portugal??...any great suggestions are welcomed and appreciated!!

No comments:

Post a Comment