Tuesday, October 23, 2012

favorite

my favorite thing about school today was going to make copies, and not knowing where i was going, so two five year old girls from class led me there, i'm sure it was a sight to see...a clueless gringa following two young hondurans, the story of my life as of late....mind you, the school does not have a copier, and they had to take me to the store, a few blocks away...i really do love honduras sometimes...

also..my other favorite thing is that one of the kids had a birthday today...in the states, this means over sugary treats..in honduras, this means the family basically brings a meal...we had rice with chicken, vegetables and hot dogs, along with white bread.  OH, and this horrendous drink that I have been warned about called "Tropical Banana" it looks like a refreshing cup of Fanta, but it is quite deceiving...it tastes like a juice of banana runts..it is AWFUL but the hondurans love it...if ever traveling to honduras, i would recommend avoiding it at all costs....


1 comment:

  1. I'm enjoying your experience with you Jill! Don't you have some mouse traps around somewhere? I don't think I could endure the mice/rats, in fact I know I couldn't endure them. However, it really does sound like you are enjoying your time there, if nothing else it will help you keep your sense of humor. Love you, Granny

    ReplyDelete