Sunday, October 7, 2012

Tuk Tuk!!

One week of Spanish lessons are done, and I feel like I have learned a ton, but still have so so so much more to learn.  I can usually follow what my host mom is saying to me, luckily she speaks to me slowly. I feel like a  two year old, just learning to talk...i don't know many words, when i do use the words i know, they come out wrong and nobody can understand me.  Maybe i'll just start crying until i get what i want.

I went to the bird park/sanctuary thing that they have here.  It's a pretty cool project to try and rebuild the population of their native birds..such as parrots, toucans, etc...but i'm not much of a bird person, and one of the toucans hopped right up to me and bit my toe. I'm not going back...

BUT...the bird place did have a coffee shop with coffee that is all grown in honduras, and that made up for the bird incident...so i spent about an hour doing this:


OH!! and I finally got to ride in a tuk tuk!! In Copan, and in Utila, tuk tuks are what they use for taxis here, and they stuff 3 adults in the back seat...I've been wanting to ride in one since i got here!


2 comments:

  1. jill, i yike your blog; it makes me laugh! xoxox

    -jenna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice Kindle :) Looks like you should have little to complain about. ;) Keep studying!! Loves.

    ReplyDelete